The Pondering Frog Café Ice Creamery is looking for staff to cover the summer period (1stOctober through to the end of April). If you are interested in spending some time on the beautiful East Coast of Tasmania this may suit you for 3 – 6 months.
The position can be for one or two people. It is essential that you have had some experience in cafe work, kitchen hand, cleaning and table service . If you are a couple, experirnce with gardening and odd jobs would be an advantage.
Café helper/ kitchen hand. This would require:
- Help with cleaning and setting up the Café for the day
- Operating the dishwashing area
- Making drinks and light snacks.
- General cleaning and washing
- Light gardening
- Other work could be :Odd jobs/ gardening/ labourer.
- Doing repair work around the property
- Setting up garden beds and general maintenance in the garden.
- Table service, cleaning dishwashing, basic food prep.
- Experience in doing odd jobs
- A knowledge of gardening
We are open 8am until 7pm, seven days a week, so the Café helper/kitchen hand would need to be flexible with broken shifts during this time. There would be time to get out and see the area and rosters would be worked out accordingly.
We pay restaurant award wages.
There is an onsite caravan with shared facilities available if needed or room to park a caravan near the house and plug into power if preferred. We would negotiate a package accordingly.
We require 3 couples and have already had some expressions of interest so if this sounds like you please contact us as soon as possible.